WTC 2020 Questions

#1 by pizzaguardian , Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:30 am

For questions to the local partners of WTC 2020.

Işık

pizzaguardian  
pizzaguardian
Date registered 01.15.2020

RE: WTC 2020 Questions

#2 by Katcher , Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:31 pm

I have a few questions :

1)When the rule and mission set is targeted to be released?

2)Are you planning any major changes in WTC/ETC working system? (Voting etc.)

3)Is there any back-up plan for "Corona Apocalypse"?

4)What brand of beer is gonna be there and will ice cream be available? :D :D :D

ETC 2019 Czech team
ETC 2018 Czech team

Katcher
Date registered 01.25.2020

#3 by Tom Adriany , Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:30 am

Zitat
1)When the rule and mission set is targeted to be released?

(2020) Important Documents

Subject to changes pending votes/discussions/releases but the rules and missionsets are already released. We aim to finalise by May/June.

Zitat
2)Are you planning any major changes in WTC/ETC working system? (Voting etc.)

Yes we are going to propose changes to the way we have worked in the past but the Captains will still be the ruling body and we will still have votes for important decisions. The only thing that will really change is how we work together with our local partners, the organisers.

Zitat
3)Is there any back-up plan for "Corona Apocalypse"?

Lets deal with that when we get to that. It takes all our energy to focus on the current organisation atm.

Tom Adriany  
Tom Adriany
Date registered 01.24.2020

#4 by Madtom , Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:41 am

This year, there will be at least 7 teams from outside Europe.
We are less flexible and at least for Japan, we are paying around 1500E by player, which mean that everything need to be clear.

I already asked it on the chat group, and I understand that everything is ongoing.
So, my questions are just for reference, and we'll wait for Austrian Organization to be ready. (so no hurry)

TRANSPORT
- Do you plan to have a private bus from Vienna ? (departure time & place)
Going to Graz is far more expensive for us.
The plan ticket that I identify arrive all late afternoon, either the 4th or the 6th.

- Will you be able to adjust the departure time in case of flight delay ?

- Will you have a second bus for Team event only (most of my players do not plan to join the Single) ?

In case, there is no private bus, it seems the simplest transport is train to Bruck/Mur. Is it correct?
- Could there be an organizer to guide the players from the station?

ACCOMODATION
- Is it free-for-all and each team should start now to find its own place?
- In this case, where is the best for night activity ? Near the Tennis Center? Near Leoben? Near Bruck?

- If it's arranged by the Austrian Organization, some players might come with family or partner and would like to have their own privacy, should they start to search by themselves ?

FOOD
- What is planned ? (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Allergy, Special Diet, Snack, Drinking ?)
- What is the expected cost ?

DAILY COMMUTING
The Public Bus (30/31) have only one bus every hour.
Leoben Zentrum - Proleb Florianisiedlung

This will not be enough for 300+ players.
- How will you plan the daily commutation from Leoben to the Tennis Center ?

- Should we bring back our models everyday to our night stay or the Tennis Center is secured?

TOURNAMENT
- If the V9 reset everything (as V8 did), do you plan to use V9 or V8 rules ?

- We never been to ETC, so what do non-player coaches do during their free time ?
- Will there be additional table to play 40k or any other tabletop game ?

LATE ACTIVITIES
The Tennis Center seems a little bit away from Leoben or Bruck/Mur.
I understand that there are drinking activity at night, which we really want to join. ^^
- Is it planned inside the Tennis Center, in a park or a giant bar in Leoben or free-for-all ?

Madtom

#5 by planB_God , Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:26 am

TRANSPORT
- Do you plan to have a private bus from Vienna ? (departure time & place)
Going to Graz is far more expensive for us.
The plan ticket that I identify arrive all late afternoon, either the 4th or the 6th.

1: Vienna is obviously the cheapest way to go. I would advice you to take the train to leoben. You will have the connection at the airport Vienna.

- Will you be able to adjust the departure time in case of flight delay ?

2: private Bus could be an issue, if we would know all arrivals of the teams.

- Will you have a second bus for Team event only (most of my players do not plan to join the Single) ?

In case, there is no private bus, it seems the simplest transport is train to Bruck/Mur. Is it correct?
- Could there be an organizer to guide the players from the station?

3: give us 2 weeks, we work on that. Leoben is better... and closer!

ACCOMODATION
- Is it free-for-all and each team should start now to find its own place?

4: see 3. we will work out with city administration next wednesday .. may we get better conditions

- In this case, where is the best for night activity ? Near the Tennis Center? Near Leoben? Near Bruck?

5: clearly near leoben! Definitely

- If it's arranged by the Austrian Organization, some players might come with family or partner and would like to have their own privacy, should they start to search by themselves ?

6: that wont be a problem for the Austrian Orga. Feel free

FOOD
- What is planned ? (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Allergy, Special Diet, Snack, Drinking ?)

7: we will offer each of your points + veggie. We offer 6 daily meals (pics) and the captains will make a vote what they want to eat.

- What is the expected cost ?

8: tough to say now, breakfast 6/7 lunch 9-11. food will be good&nutricious, no junk food

DAILY COMMUTING
The Public Bus (30/31) have only one bus every hour.
Leoben Zentrum - Proleb Florianisiedlung

9: shuttles in the morning + after gaming are ordered. At least 3x 64person buses will drive for us... We offer it for free

This will not be enough for 300+ players.
- How will you plan the daily commutation from Leoben to the Tennis Center ?
10: See 9

- Should we bring back our models everyday to our night stay or the Tennis Center is secured?

11: we offer free storing rooms in the location teamswise. Once locked only the Orga has access. (Orga will be there 24/7)

TOURNAMENT
- If the V9 reset everything (as V8 did), do you plan to use V9 or V8 rules ?
- We never been to ETC, so what do non-player coaches do during their free time ?
- Will there be additional table to play 40k or any other tabletop game ?
12: let me know if you want separate gaming tables.. contact me on Facebook: kev Zoelli

LATE ACTIVITIES
The Tennis Center seems a little bit away from Leoben or Bruck/Mur.
13: 5-7 minutes
I understand that there are drinking activity at night, which we really want to join. ^^
- Is it planned inside the Tennis Center, in a park or a giant bar in Leoben or free-for-all ?
14: the Location offers network-get together parties, leoben has also a big offer for everybody. We Are working on a catalogue for the teams

planB_God  
planB_God
Date registered 01.26.2020

#6 by Ironmantis , Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Hi can we get a list of hotels please that are nearby.

Ironmantis  
Ironmantis
Date registered 01.26.2020

#7 by Tom Adriany , Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:07 am

The meeting with the tourism board is on wednesday. News soon after.

Tom Adriany  
Tom Adriany
Date registered 01.24.2020

#8 by Draven , Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Can we buy plane tickets with certainty that WTC will take place, or should we wait because of the coronavirus?

I ask this because the Med Cup has already been canceled due to it.

Draven  
Draven

#9 by Skcuzz , Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:27 am

its impossible to predict what the effects of the virus will be 6 months in the future. I would suggest, as I always do, that you book refundable flights and accommodation. At the end of the day life can easily get in the way, not just viruses named after shitty beers, so it is always worth paying that little extra to cover yourself just in case.

Skcuzz  
Skcuzz
Date registered 02.02.2020

Last edited 03.07.2020 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
WTC 2020 - General Information

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor